Museum of the history of the Amur bridge
The museum was founded in 2008 in the city of Khabarovsk. It is devoted to the construction and reconstruction of the bridge across the Amur river. This world famous bridge was constructed in 1916, as a railway bridge that carried theTrans-Siberian Railway across the Amur River near the city of Khabarovsk. Measuring some 2,590 meters (about 8,500 feet) in length, the structure remained the longest bridge in Imperial Russia, Soviet Union and Asia for decades. The cost of the bridge was fabulous-13,500,000 Russian rubles and it was ready in 26 months. The designer of the bridge was the eminent bridge builder Lavr Proskuryakov.
During the visit you can see and walk around the railway objects from the past. The main exhibit of the museum - the span of the imperial bridge (length 127 meters, height 30 meters, and weight 1100 tons) dismantled during the reconstruction; the platform made in 1935, it was a real platform in Ussuriisk; automobile railway car, made in 1930th, it was used by Vasily Blucher, Commander-in-chief of the Special Far East Army, under whose command in 1929 the Chinese armies were defeated during the conflict on Chinese Eastern Railway (Kitaysko-Vostochnaya zheleznaya doroga, KVZhD); retro railway station - the one-story timber building, repeating the shape of the first railway station in Khabarovsk; the diesel locomotive М62 - passenger-and-freight diesel locomotive it was made in the second half of 20th. century, the maximal carrying capacity reached 3800 thousand tons.